We all know that 2021 may look a little different. For events and entertainment to be able to happen in 2021, we all must work together to follow the simple guidelines required to safely gather again. We know some of these guidelines are not fun... but vendors and artists NEED you right now! We appreciate your cooperation and support for our amazing vendors and for us... you are what keeps us going.
The Oddities & Curiosities Expo is committed to providing a safe environment for you to come and enjoy all things weird again. Please review our COVID-19 safety guidelines to follow at our 2021 shows. These guidelines have been approved by each city prior to our arrival. Check the Facebook event page for additional info per venue.
- Face masks are required. Must be worn properly from the bridge of your nose to under your chin. Strictly enforced by our security and staff.
- Social distancing is required and strictly enforced by our security and staff. We ask that you stay with who you arrive with. We know it may be exciting to see people you know, but please remain at a minimum 6ft apart when saying hi!
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly. Sanitize your hands at any of our sanitizing stations placed throughout the hall.
- Please follow all directional signage for each aisle. Our security and staff will be around to enforce. Our aisles are 20-30ft+ across, there is plenty of space.
- Temperature checks are required at entry for all attendees, required for all of our vendors upon check in and required for all of our staff daily.
- There will be a constant flow of air into the halls due to heightened circulation. If applicable, all outwards doors open for an "open air" market setting.
- We are operating at a lower capacity - each person who walks in the door will have the ability to maintain 6ft on all sides for social distancing.
- All vendor maps and information will be available digitally via QR code. Find the QR at entry and on banners throughout the hall.
- Every person who walks into the hall will have the ability to maintain 6ft for social distancing on all sides of them. Our floor plan, wide aisles, spaced our booths and capacity has this calculated in.
- Buying in advance enables completely contactless entry. You can show your ticket either on your phone to be scanned or print it off - it’s up to you. At entry we will take your temp, scan your ticket and you’re in. The best way to ensure your entrance to the show is to buy your ticket in advance.
- We have additional crew assigned to clean surfaces and restrooms extremely frequently. All doors will be propped open for touch less entry.
- While shopping vendors, please refrain from touching their items unless you are interested in buying. If you have a question, don’t hesitate to ask the vendor for help!
- Potential restroom stall closers to allow distancing, depending on size of the public restroom.
- Concession areas focus on “grab and go” items to limit contact and encourage cashless transactions / OR / no concessions at all. Depends on the venue. If concessions are available, eating without your mask up is only allowed in a designated area. While walking around with a beverage, you must keep up your mask while you're not drinking.
- There will not be any entertainment for the first few months of 2021 at least (we miss you, performers!) because we cannot allow gathering. We are purely a shopping experience. We ask that you come in, shop and leave. We understand everyone shops at a different pace! We are definitely not shoving you out the door before you’re ready, we just ask that once you finish shopping (like at any other retail store), you gather your items and head home.
With our limited capacity and controlled environment, we feel confident in being able to provide you all a safe and clean environment to come and shop all things strange and unusual again. We simply ask that you follow all guidelines in place - you will see banners and signage and hear announcements all day reminding you to not let your guard down. If you are not following the guidelines, you will be escorted out immediately without refund. Our guidelines are strictly enforced to keep everyone safe.
As an event hosting an array of vendors battling through a pandemic, we have accrued a lot of additional venue, cleaning and staff expenses to keep you all safe at our lower capacity shows. We have had so many people reach out wanting to virtually "pay entry" to show their support for the Oddities & Curiosities Expo during these tough times. We have been urged to add a "donation" button on our website for those who do not feel comfortable attending in person but to pay "entry" to support. Please know, this is not at all required or expected. We just appreciate the understanding and patience from so many of you. The support throughout this time has been overwhelming. It means so much. THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
Copyright © 2017 Oddities & Curiosities Expo - All Rights Reserved.